How to Make Money from Your Blog: 11 Powerful Case Studies
In 2005 a Greek American woman started a political blog. As the traffic grew more funding was required. This meant that in August 2006 the venture fund SoftBank Capital was called upon to invest $5 million into the site to hire more staff and to provide the resources needed to make the updates to feed the news cycle 24/7 as the site grew in popularity.
Notes that The Huffington Post's story illustrates that much money is to be made in blogging today. Among the solid ideas for pulling in the bucks with your blog are:
- Advertisements on blogs have been around for years, and although rates have fallen dramatically, you can make money if you have tons of traffic.
- Large corporations are increasingly teaming up with popular bloggers and calling sponsorship. The corporations gain much needed traffic, and the writers are paid well.
- Charismatic bloggers are offering many webinars and seminars, making money by charging for tickets to the events.
- Similarly, speaking events can provide substantial income if the blogger is popular and can draw a crowd.
- Bloggers are in the business of writing, which makes books and ebooks a reliable revenue stream.
- Many bloggers team with affiliates in order to sell their products on their page. As with other forms of advertising, rates have dropped dramatically, but there is still money to be made.
- Consulting allows bloggers to share their knowledge with industries that can benefit from close interaction and mentoring.
- Online courses have grown exponentially along with the reforms in higher education, and bloggers can create courses to share their knowledge.
- Many bloggers create premium content that they require payment to access through membership or purchases. The nature of the content is only limited by imagination.
If bloggers open their minds to multiple revenue streams, rather than just one, they can make money.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is JeffBullas.com
You might also enjoy:
- How a quest on Quora kicked writer's block: The story and tips
- What you must know about thesis statements
- Beat writer's block with artistic flow and Jackson Pollock
- 10 plus best blog tips: Bloggers, just don't do it...
- The writing life: Passion for the pain of bloodletting on the page
- Top writing myths that motivate and sabotage