The vision I provide here will help you to see your career as something dynamic rather than static, complex rather than simple. It is a chaotic system, and knowing this will empower your job search. I hope you enjoy the video.
People usually smile when you tell them that careers follow chaos theory rather than linear theory. Chaos theory conjures up thoughts of craziness and being out of control: the notion that there is no rhyme or reason to one's career path. The irony is that despite its name, chaos theory is anything but chaotic. It's just complex - as you and your career can be. The order is there, it's just not immediately visible on the surface.
Katherine Brooks, ED.D.
- Here are the essentials that entrepreneurs don't learn in college
- How to boost sales by using stories in business and marketing
- 5 Minute single task test: Can you be distraction free?
- Positive habits can confine creativity
- Power tips to instill self-esteem in employees
Before you leave, what do you think of this vision of a career. Does it seem accurate or not?