The role of empathy in business success
Do you want to be able to influence others better? Want to make your sales quota? Want to motivate your team? Try practicing empathy.
Notes that research shows that leaders with a high EQ earn up to $29,000 more annually. Practicing five difficult steps can lead to a higher EQ through greater empathy:
- Decide that you want to always see issues from another's point of view.
- Recognize your own filter (point of view) that you are hearing others through.
- Forget all preconceived notions that you have about the individual and issue.
- Dig at the issue until you are able to understand the emotion the other person holds deeply.
- Relate with the emotion you uncover and acknowledge the feelings rather than being dismissive.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is SmartBlogs.com
You might also enjoy:
- Are you burning out as a leader? Find out
- How to be mindful and conquer negative feedback
- Fringe benefits of kindness
- Of humans and kindness [meditation]
- The human animal: Evolution and the circle of life
- Obama, my brown son, and two elections
Before you go, how have you seen the benefits of empathy in relationships? Please bookmark us and return often. We value your input.