Social Strategies for 2014: How Top Brands Manage, Measure and Budget for Success
As social media continues to grow, attracting larger and larger audiences worldwide, marketers are working to figure out how to use the medium to best advantage. Companies are embracing the social marketing revolution for the benefits it offers: brand engagement, 24/7 access to consumer sentiment and the ability to push content to loyal customers and drive sales, among others.
Start preparing your social media attack for 2014 now
Darin's note: This information is based upon a brand new white paper that Ad Age put out for free access if you are willing to register with them (also free). The white paper contains all the background data and research that the following conclusions are based upon. If you'd like the white paper, click on the title above the quote or on the image.
Mines the big data behind social media in 2013 in order to make predications for marketing and branding in 2014, using Ad Age's access to powerful data and research tools. Notes that, after reviewing all the data closely, strategies for next year begin to emerge. The conclusions in forecasting the new year are:
Many companies should consider getting outside help with this to maintain a competitive edge. Social media is no longer a part-time enterprise, but a 24/7 full-time occupation. You will see social media marketing departments and outsourcing increase tremendously in 2014. Marketers need to adapt
- Marketers must ramp up their social media strategies to be competitive, and they need the newest technologies to efficiently govern and pull data from complex campaigns that use multiple social networks and involve more than one department in the organization.
- Social media now represents one of the cores of a brands' marketing strategy, no longer a side note or auxiliary resource.
- In order to be competitive in the marketplace, organizations must expand staffing and management for social media, as the needs will be larger in the coming year.
, utilizing new technology to get beyond the surface "likes" and "follows" to gain more data to empower their marketing. The technology needs to dig deeper into what's happening in a company's social media.
In this sense, many company's will be playing catch up in 2014 if they do not fully prepare immediately. Interested? Click the title or image to read on. Source is AdAge.com You might also enjoy:
Before you leave, let us know what you anticipate for the future of social media marketing. Sharing Tools:
Enjoy reading ZipMinis? Please show your support below
Google+ Update Aims To Raise The Profile Of Web Writers
Google+ launched two new features it said will help writers and other publishers get more attention on Google News and search.
Google + update to help writers.
Mines the TechCrunch Disrupt conference announcement by Google that Google+ is adding new features for Wordpress and Typepad users. Notes that while the new features are for Wordpress and Typepad users, they are looking to expand to other platforms: About.com, WikiHow, SkillPages, and Examiner.com. The changes include:
- Google+ Sign-In feature will create a connection between posts and the author's Google+ account. The author and her information will be listed in Google News and search, increasing visibility.
- As with Twitter and Facebook, Google+ will now allow webpages to embed public updates in blog posts and other websites. Other visitors can track the original update, accessing the +1 and comment features. This will tie conversation streams together, wherever the tool is embedded.
Both advancements are substantial, but users outside of Wordpress and Typepad are wondering
how long they will be left out. Interested? Click the title or image to read on. Source is ReadWrite.com You might also enjoy:
Before you leave, let us know how important you feel G+ is within big 4 of social media.
Like ZipMinis? Please let us know here.
The Art of Writing Great Google+ Posts
There’s no denying it: we love Google+. Sure, we’ve made hay over other social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. That’s because it’s smart to be where your audience is … to engage them there, and then direct them back to your own digital property. But Google+ is something different.
The apparatus for making G+ Posts.
Mines the important role of Google + in current internet marketing, establishing good author ranking and boosting online image - the best social platform for people who market content. Notes that you begin to build your reputation through "attention, shares, and comments," rather than merely posting a blurb on you blog post. Reports that he maintains followers above the 3,000 level after a year of working hard to nurture his Google Plus presence.
Demian also reports that those in his tribe share consistently, as he remains actively engaged. There is an art to posts that attract attention including:
- The image you use is most important to the post, as Google has taken great pains to show off your photos, and Google Plusers love them. In a recent update, they made it possible to share some images that span the entire page.
- Headline takes second place behind the image, and you need to write ones that are "unique, useful, ultra-specific, [and] urgent." Try to keep the headline at 60 characters or it drops to a second line.
- The first sentence following the headline is essential and must be powerful enough to make the reader click "Read more." Google plus only includes the first 3 lines of the post. Grab attention.
- The main copy must be powerful by Google's content standards, so work hard on it. Use the limited textual features that Google + has: bold (asterisks around the words), italics (underscores around the words), and bullets (space, hyphen, space).
- Share your post with carefully targeted audiences using your circles of people you follow. Make the post specific to certain circles, targeting their needs specifically.
Become members or creators of communities
in Google Plus. This is a really powerful means of tapping into specific audiences that focus on your interests, and you can share with these communities. To be most effective, be active in the communities and make a name for yourself. Interested? Click the title or image to read on. Source is Copyblogger.com Hang around and explore. You might also enjoy:
Before you leave, let us know how you use Google +. Challenge yourself to work on your communities in Google Plus, perfecting your posts.
What Can Google+ Do Better?How Google + can rock your marketing.
I share content about Google+ because I believe it’s the best online platform for business.
Mines Google + as a powerful business tool rather than a mere social connection. Notes that some of the things Google+ helps you to accomplish for your business image and reputation include:
- Gets you found on searches
- Helps to establish your authority as an author
- Assists you in building a community around your brand and name
- Provides free suites of collaborative tools to work efficiently
- Now provides a local platform for building a local network
David Amerland describes the immense scope and power of Google +, saying that the semantic web
that Google is creating marks a transition to a new web, where we are able to discover not just keyword matches, but the information we are really searching for. Google's semantic web searches the precise information and meaning that we are looking for when we type in our search.
Google + ties all of their products
together from search to cloud drive, a fully integrated powerhouse, and does so in a comprehensive way that no other company has the power to do. If you are future minded, get involved in G +.
If you want to win, you have to play there game, and their dominance is only escalating.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on. Source is SteemFeed.com You might also enjoy:
Before you leave, let us know how you use Google + if you do. Do you see an urgent need to make use of this expansive platform?
Please let us know if you like ZipMinis!
7 Marketing Trends You Should Not Ignore
Marketing has been democratised. The capability to use marketing tools and technology without having to beg or pay for attention is unprecedented. It’s a time where you can now build your own crowd to market and sell to without paying the mass media gate keepers.
Changing technology evolves marketing.
Mines the changes and trends that social media and technology force upon marketing, with company's having to adapt to survive. Notes that such changes in marketing have never been so monumental because the revolution is on multiple fronts: software, hardware platforms multimedia and multi-networks. Marketing adapts as quickly as the technology, and the most successful stay ahead of the curve.
Among the most significant current trends are:
Interested? Click the title or image to read on. Source is JeffBullas.com You might also enjoy:
- The heightened role of content marketing. Content marketing is vast, moving a brand across blogs, social media, and other venues. This kind of marketing is most effective, but it is also labor and intensive.
- The shifting of platforms to mobile marketing. The overwhelming increase in use of smart phones and tablets has forced marketers to adapt to distributing content on small as well as large screens. Many websites are reporting rapid increases in mobile traffic up to 30 -40%.
- The integration of all forms of digital marketing. Both content and social media are supremely important, and to be effective they need to be integrated company wide rather than housed in the marketing department.
- Scaling marketing through social media. Maintaining a social presence is complex and many are using marketing professionals to help them navigate and optimize. The ideal is to have one tool to handle the complexities including integration.
- Marketing continuously through social media and content. Google recognizes and approves of frequent activity and publication. If you are not found continuously, more than likely you won't be found at all.
- Personalized marketing approaches as opposed to mass messages of old. Sites are becoming more savvy at using big data to tailor messages for individual consumers. This trend will grow quickly as big data analysis becomes faster and easier.
- Visual marketing in the form of photos, videos, slideshows, and infographics. Not only is visual marketing expanding but is diversifying. Pinterest, Vine, and Instagram are among the disruptive visual technology employed in marketing, cutting into the Youtube market.
Before you leave, let us know how you see marketing currently shifting and changing.
Customers Expect SOCIAL in Your Social Media Leadership
A few weeks ago, I was interviewed by an Italian newspaper regarding online marketing and social media best practices. Since most of our readers probably missed that one, I figured I’d share my answers here.
Today, customers expect social media.
Mines the nature of entrepreneurialism, marketing, and social media, basing his discussion on his bachelor's degree in psychology and philosophy, with no grad school. He emphasizes the fact that grad school isn't necessary for everyone. Notes that he has been CEO three times and like all tenacious entrepreneur's has had successes and failures. The secret is to learn and adapt quickly, trying never to make the same mistake twice, and the #1 rule is to have fun with what you are doing. If your approach to social media is to advertise and broadcast, your approach will fail because your prospects today are looking to engage, interact, and learn to trust. Overt marketing will be ignored as suspect. Potential clients want to have back and forth conversations and relationships. If you don't engage them in conversation, they will find it in your competitors. The connections you make with clients will bring a sale once a relationship of trust has been established. Social media is fragmenting, and consumers are following. More often than not, potential clients are on one or more of the big 4 platforms, but probably on Pinterest, Friendster, or Pinterest as well.
On these multiple platforms, customers should find you talking, teaching, showing, adding value,
and demonstrating that there is a real person behind the helm. With this goal in mind, essential to your success will be:
- Pinpoint your corporate values and ethics, and align your social media work with them. A mission statement is essential.
- Practice open, transparent leadership throughout your whole organization or social will not function.
- Be sure to line up numbers one and two with your overarching corporate strategy and plan.
- Tone down social media in the marketing department, and make the shift to integration throughout all the departments in the company.
- Pick up a Chief Social Strategist to work with all departments, striving to make this integration work. The value is worth the cost.
- Do not forget blogging. Blogs are one of your most powerful social media tools. Who are you writing to in your blog? It should be your target audience, with their specific needs and wants in mind. If not, you are attracting people, but not clients.
Click the title or image to read on. Source
is SwitchandShift.com You might also enjoy:
Before you leave, let us know what items we have missed in calculating a social media strategy.
4 Reasons Why Google+ is a Killer B2B Social Media Platform
Most of our B2B clients have staked a claim on Google+, but they don’t invest in it. Why? Because they consider it a ghost town. They say Google+ is irrelevant. They invest in Facebook and Twitter and (more and more) in LinkedIn.
4 Simple Reasons You Need Google Plus.
Mines the current trend that has brought Google Plus to second place behind Facebook in social media, and why you should be using Google in blogging and marketing.Notes that The Global Web Index places Google Plus at number two of the big 4 social media platforms, with 343 million users.The circles that organize who you follow allows you to group people and businesses according to kind or any criteria. This allows for more effective target marketing, as you can share different messages with different people.
It's no secret that Google Plus performs at the highest level in organic searches, providing higher ranking for your targeted messages and keywords. Google freely admits this, and Chairman Eric Schmidt says "The true cost of remaining anonymous, then, might be irrelevance."
Google has a clear vision for the long-term and plans to integrate all of its different apps and tools into interconnected, massive social networks. It will inevitably dominate social media in addition to search, in an integrated manner.Interested? Click the title or image to read on.Source is SocialMediaB2B.comYou might also enjoy:Let's see what you think: Do you use Google Plus, and if so how? Are you a Google hater?
Online Visibility – Is There a Fast Path to Building Your Presence on the Web?
Not surprisingly, when clients sign on to mentor with me, they’re often looking for a fast path to building online visibility.
Is it possible to supercharge your site quickly?
Mines the impulse you feel to draw in tremendous traffic quickly, and suggests that this is achievable if you bear in mind that it requires extra effort to attain extraordinary results. Generally persistence over the long term brings success.Notes that going beyond the ordinary must include increasing your content output daily, but many different mediums make this task interesting. Content includes many activities other than writing blog posts, including: audio and video, creation of unique images including infographics, updates on social platforms, slide casts and presentations, chats, Google Plus hangouts, and webinars.To increase content output start with producing blog posts (in various media) more often. To establish authority and web presence focus on your website's keywords and locate and follow both your target audience and influencers.Influencers within your field, can be a huge asset even if they might be competitors because they tend to follow those who seek them out and can increase your visibility quickly.
For SEO and ranking, you must now be active with a Google Plus profile, and you can also get involved in communities there that focus on your key words.
You will find power in using videos and webinars or teleseminars
as they provide unique content that readers are generally interested in, oftentimes more so than traditional blog posts.
If you can work it into your budget, spend a little bit of money on Facebook to promote your page, website, and specific posts
. Focusing the ad on site promotions is an excellent idea to engage longterm followers and clients.
Choose among these ideas the ones that suit you the best and focus on them consistently
. This is the key to success, and you can achieve it quickly.Interested? Click the title or image to read on.Source is DeniseWakeman.comYou might also enjoy:
What strategies do you currently use to draw in traffic? What have I missed here?
To Post or Not to Post
There are 900 million social media users plugged into Facebook alone, and nearly 500 million of them log into the social network every single day.
Mines the temptations we experience in sharing too much across our social networks, the wrong kind of information.
Notes that "forward-thinking" is required in planning the trajectory of one's career and life, remembering always the potential for prospective clients, colleagues, and employers to encounter your posts in the present or future.
Interested? Click the title to see the link to the infographic that follows. If the Infographic is not imediately below, click "Read More."
Source is OnlineClasses.org.You might also enjoy:
Google Search moves towards consistency across devices