No Hype. Social Media’s Just Helping Change the World
A lot of social media consultants say they’re “no hype”. This resonates with hiring leaders because they’re tired of hearing what they don’t believe. Namely, that social media is the unbelievable phenomenon that is going to change the world all on it’s own.
Notes that still, one cannot discount the power for change that social media holds. The author clarifies his controversial statement at a conference: He said that you are able to change the world using social media, not that social media would change the world by itself.
You have to be the one who takes the responsibility to initiate the change you want to see. Margaret Mead said:“Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.”
Gandhi's famous quote “Be the change you want to see in the world” fits perfectly with the status of the social media. The individual needs to be the force to make change happen.
Jay Baer is cited, saying “Content is fire, social media is gasoline,” and leaders who have the power to control the flame can create positive change in the world.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is ModernServantLeader.com
You might also enjoy:
- Essential life lessons from a ten year old scientist
- You are a reporter: The new journalist is in the mind of the reader
- Act now to get traffic, know your blog reader
- 10 Essential writing lessons from Albert Einstein quotes
- How to be mindful and conquer negative feedback
- The human animal: Evolution and the circle of life