10 Social Media Personality Types – Which One Are You? [INFOGRAPHIC]
When you’ve been active on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook for a lengthy period of time, you start to develop a personality.
Notes that among the ten are:
- The Social Athlete: look for calm and secure relationships. They are meticulous, trustworthy, and keep commitments, and often are looking to maintain traditional living and social establishments.
- The Social Luddite: usually silent and show little interest in technology. They are tentative in social engagements and relationships, but are loyal and guided by strict values.
- The Social Nurturer: friendly, kind, popular, thoughtful, helpful, and consistent. They value tradition and feel some sense of obligation or commitment to their relationships.
- The Social Lazies: silent, introspective, and optimistic. They have clusters of posts and responses for a brief period of time and then disappear for a while. Value driven, intellectually sharp, and often great writers.
- The Social Geek: Self-confident, self-motivated, and active. They are able to set clear plans and goals and meet them. The are value driven, successful, strong leaders, and expect the same from other people.
Concluding the list are some of the most important positive personality types: the social visionary, the social ranter, the social inspirer, the social lurker, and the social doer.
Darin's note: If you will click on the image, it will become legible, big. The other 5 are certainly worth reading about, and you may find yourself fitting into one of those categories.
This is not a scientific study and does not pretend to be one. It is based on qualitative data collected by the Digital Jungle. While I don't tend to include studies without rigor, I felt that this topic could be handled by a novice, who is making acute observations about the way people behave, in some ways similar to personality tests. The categories and explanations are pointed and insightful. I hope you enjoy them.
Source is MediaBistro.com
You might also enjoy:
- 5 Reasons why social media are increasing intelligence
- Blogging impacts journalism
- Hot new social platforms
- StumbleUpon Pulls in Traffic to Blogs and Sites [blog & videos]
- Social media and the individual - Humans design the universe