Hope and happiness for my faithful readers
I write from the heart and mind, and so it is painful for me. If you are a true writer you are probably in a similar situation. Writing about important issues is taxing. But, writing isn't always painful, and I overgeneralize when I place too much emphasis on the negatives and the aches.
Whatever the cause of pain might be, I realized that writing can be many things, including enjoyable. Yes, downright fun. Maybe not always, but you can have fun at times regardless of your approach to blogging.
The surprising benefits of play
Play is the highest form of research.
A basic reason for having fun while writing is that great minds praise it.
What do most Nobel Laureates, innovative entrepreneurs, artists and performers, well-adjusted children, happy couples and families, and the most successfully adapted mammals have in common? They play enthusiastically throughout their lives.
Stuart Brown, Institute of Play
- We learn effectively.
- We engage our creativity.
- We are challenged and taxed.
- We pass time free of stress.
- We are able to calm and focus ourselves.
- We learn cooperation and team work.
- We practice our endurance.
- We become accustomed to having spectators watch us.
- We experiment with both cooperation and competition.
- We experience the health benefits of happiness and joy.
Clearly define your purpose and boundaries
- Defining your purpose and motivation. You would be surprised how many bloggers have not identified this. Your motivation for blogging greatly affects what you can do in the blog, so start by contemplating your purpose. For example, if you blog about cars, you have a bit more leeway with play than if you blog about alzheimer's disease.
- Demarcating the your boundaries. Once you know your purpose and the audience you are addressing, you can assess draw parameters on your fun. Be sure that your fun does not detract from your main purpose and that it does not offend or upset your readers (unless that is your goal).
- Recognizing the joy of writing, reading, and thinking. Remind yourself that you write for one main reason - you enjoy communicating with others. If you have lost that passion for writing, analyze why that is and how to locate the energy again.
Some ideas for blogging play
The list goes on, and is only limited by your creativity. Innovation comes from mixing things up and playing around with them. You can bring new life to your blog by putting on a different writer's cap and trying fun things.