7 Tips for Making Other People Feel Smart and Insightful.
We all want to get along well with other people, and one way to do this is to help people feel good about themselves. If you make a person feel smart and insightful, that person will enjoy your company. The point is not to be manipulative, but to help other people feel good about their contributions to a conversation.
Notes that proven methods help in refining how you are seen by others.
- Jot down notes as you speak to the person, so they feel you are concerned about what they have to say. Writing down their words illustrates that they are important to you.
- Use the notes you take to refer to something the person said previously in the conversation. Referring back to a statement they have made reinforces the feeling that you are really listening.
- When the person is cut off or distracted, unable to complete a thought, tell them to pick up where they left off. This shows you value what was being said, and you want to hear the complete thought.
- Refer to the person by name sporadically. You don't want to overdo it, making them feel awkward, but inserting their name into the conversation periodically makes them feel valuable as an individual.
- Make a big deal about a few of the person's positive qualities as they come up in the conversation. They can be small things, but make them sincere.
- Ask sincerely for advice on a work matter, and if possible, put the advice into practice. Nothing can show that you value them more than taking their advice.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is Happiness-Project.com
You might also enjoy: