3 Skills to Prevent Leadership Burnout
Owning your own business is enormously rewarding, but success can take a Herculean effort that often leads to isolation and exhaustion.
Notes that the prevention of a crash before it happens will help your business far more than pushing yourself to the breaking point. Symptoms that you are headed toward a crash include emotional volatility, detachment from friends and loved ones, and exhaustion.
The worst part is that your leadership will deteriorate the strong corporate culture you have worked so hard to create, and a little vacation time is not enough to remedy the cause of the problem. Consider these ideas to start you down a healing path:
- Physical and emotional health. You must incorporate strategies that ensure you are well, and even though directing a company is time consuming, taking care of yourself will ensure that you can make it through the difficult times. Eat, sleep, exercise, and relax.
- Confidence. Entrepreneurs and leaders who exhibit confidence are less likely to burnout, but you can't fake it. You can't just tell yourself that you are confident in the mirror each morning. Real confidence comes from the knowledge that you are capable, qualified, and prepared.
- Delegation. You work hard to choose employees that you can rely on, so use them to your advantage as you manage your time each day. This means that you cannot micromanage, which will lead to added stress. It means that you need to empower your employees to use their own creativity, leadership, and innovation to push the company along.
Leadership is stressful, and you can't wait too long to employ these ideas. More than likely, you are already headed on a course toward burnout, and although it may seem to yield positive results in the beginning, a crash will nail you in the end.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is Entrepreneur.com
You might also enjoy:
- The "pursuit of happiness" makes you less happy
- Human evolution: Key to a happy life
- Smart tech dumbs us, says the Wall Street Journal: Find out how to power your brain instead
- Albert Einstein, the god: Even when wrong, he was right
- Improve your mind now: Neuroscientific discoveries about mono-tasking
Before you go, what other strategies help to prevent burnout? Please bookmark ZipMinis and return often. Thank you for being here.