A mission statement attempts to put down in a few words, a list usually, the governing principles of an organization. Thinking that the major organizations that have written these documents know a bit about them, I tried to learn from the best and from a variety of sources.
I have collected here the links I took into consideration in constructing the ZipMinis' Mission Statement, thinking that there might be others out there who see the value in such a document, I have created links below to the information I have found most valuable. Keep your own organization in mind as you navigate through these sources, and personalize your approach to your foundational document:
- ZipMinis' Living Mission Statement
- How to create an active, living mission statement
- How to harness the power of positive thinking: Change your brain
- Trashed companies: Superhero leaders to the rescue
- Google's key to power is not in algorithms but writing: An elite Mission Statement
- How to remodel a life with a manifesto, not resolutions
- Mission statements - Envisioning the present and future
- Digital kindness elevates social media communities
- ZipMinis embraces kindness and selflessness in social media
- Big data useful through artistic design [video and review]
- Essential tools to coach your super-team
- How to find your authentic style
- Google believes helping others holds more value than money?
- Are you burning out as a leader? Find out
- How to get the most out of employees. Positive or negative feedback?
- How to physically change brains without a knife
- How the elite plan the new year
- Can the shy and introverted be entrepreneurs?
- Top entrepreneurial methods of organizing ideas
- Top tips from the best in startups
- A powerful business model for the exploding social present
- Top 8 Central values of management with vision
- 25 Companies that value employee's time
- A Brand Is a Terrible Thing to Waste: How to Manage Your Company's Online Image
- Marissa Mayer's 9 Principles of Innovation
I hope that you find these useful in your pursuit of the ultimate vision for your company. Good luck!