5 Keys to Writing Excellent Blog Posts
Today in a radio interview I was asked to give 4-5 quick tips on how to write great blog posts.Quick isn’t my forte when giving tips (I have a lot to say) and I can think of many more than 5 tips for writing great blog posts – but here’s a brief overview of the things I mentioned:
Notes that among many great tips, these are most important:
- Provide useful information for your audience. This is tricky if you have a hard time identifying what is useful. Ask yourself, do I want to know this information and would I share it with a good friend?
- Engage in a conversation with your readers as if they were your friend. If you think of your reader as a friend you want to help, you will be artful, crafty, light, entertaining, and engaging.
- Create great titles that hook your readers. Usually the title is your one shot to grab them. Think about, write, and revise the title throughout the whole process of writing.
- Maintain the goal of motivating your audience to read more. In the article, write so that the reader is excited to move on and find the answers. Try to value your reader so much that your writing will encourage them to read even more of your posts.
- Engage your audience in your words and writing, so that they feel a part of the conversation with you. Create incredible content that connects with the reader and encourages them to read on, comment, ask questions, and subscribe. Keep in mind that you want them to be a regular reader.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is Problogger.com
You might also enjoy:
- You are a reporter: The new journalist is in the mind of the reader
- What you must know about thesis statements
- Act now to get traffic, know your blog reader
- Beat writer's block with artistic flow and Jackson Pollock
- 10 plus best blog tips: Bloggers, just don't do it...
Before leaving, share some ideas of your own on how to write the best blog posts. What would you add to this list?