Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Oh, if I could but live another century and see the fruition of all the work for women! There is so much yet to be done.
This is tough to imagine. The slaves had to envision themselves in bondage before they could dream of freedom. Imagine growing up in a 300 year tradition of being an animal. How would you conceive yourself? How could you realize that you were a slave when life had always been oppression and ignorance? Slaves had to embrace the nightmare of being animals in order to dream of freedom.
Tubman and Anthony both fought so passionately for a goal they knew they would not live to see accomplished. I wish I could slip a note, back in time that would give them a glimpse of the United States today. How much easier is it to fight for dreams we can realize in our lifetime. Learning from these women:
- Dream big, beyond the scope of what might seem possible.
- Involve other people in that dream and fight for them.
- Hold fast to the idea that lies beyond yourself to change the world positively.
- Creatively imagine the future with your goal achieved, with your team in the victory circle.
- Position that creative goal as your life's focal point no matter how remote the objective may seem.