30 Useful Web Tools for Professional Writers
The majority of full-time professional writers are usually on the lookout for any utilities that will help in improving workflow as well as boosting efficiency. Writing is a passion for many, but if you want to take it up as an occupation, you need something more than just passion.
Notes that several categories of software and apps are useful to writers, and I list the top 3 from each category:
- Full writing software for long works including plays and novels: Ulysses, Mellel, Scrivener
- Simple word processing: Pagehand, MoAppsWrite, iText Pro
- Markdown tools: MarkMyWords, Byword, Marked
- Writing only apps (just for writing without frills to help you focus): IA Writer, Writeroom, Ommwriter Dana
- Freelance job locators: Guru, Places for Writers, Elance
- English grammar help and discussion: English Forums
- Writing community and criticism: Critique Circle
Darin's note: This list is pretty comprehensive, but there are certainly other sites that would fit into the last two categories. A while back I put together a list of apps useful to writers, not just writing apps, and you might find it useful:
How to create the ultimate writer's app toolkit
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is InstantShift.com
You might also enjoy: