Boosting Brain Power: 8 Ways To Sharpen Your Mind
Billions of neurons in your brain can reshape themselves in response to what you do and learn. Help them along with these eight strategies to be sharper, make wiser decisions and stay focused.
Notes that because your brain can always learn and reshape itself, you can perform tasks that will help you think more efficiently.
- When you come across a "meaning threat," when your mind must try hard to work through a problem, your brain structure improves. The scientific term for a meaning threat is "cognitive dissonance," referring to knew information that doesn't make sense. These experiences help your brain to adapt to more complex thinking.
- You might try thinking in different spaces and places, as research has found that people think better in different circumstances. Usually a gentle hum of background noise is optimal. The distraction enhances creativity.
- For some reason, multiple studies have proven that chewing gum helps the brain act faster and more accurately.
- Aerobic exercise enhances the regions in the brain related to memory and focus. It releases a neurotropic substance that creates a protein needed in brain neurons.
- Look for connections in all that you see and do (even TV shows and magazines) because finding these intersections leads to new insights and creativity. Finding connections strengthens your frontal lobe and is called integrated reasoning.
- Second language skills improve your brain's ability to think. You reason more clearly when thinking in a foreign language. Studies have found that you solve problems more easily as well.
- Writing with hand to paper causes you to think more deeply. The additional physical experience, combined with your thinking, changes your brain.
- Talking aloud to yourself allows your brain to both form the problems in speech and listen to them. These processes enhance brain function.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is HuffingtonPost.com
You might also enjoy: