Seven Ways Writers Can Build Online Authority with Google+
Google was founded on a simple principle — some web pages are more important than others. How is that importance quantified? Ideally, it’s based on the fact that people think that page satisfies their questions about the topic better than other pages.
Notes that Google believes users receive better search information with great content writers who produce fresh and entertaining material, and in 2005 they sought a patent for "Agent Rank," the opening stage of Author Rank.
At that point, they lacked the mechanism to track and rank authors, but Google Plus gives them the platform they needed. In establishing reputation, an author must be primarily concerned with this exciting service.
To get the most out of your reputation with the new Author Ranking, you should focus on Google + to:
- Build a solid audience: Make this your top social media priority, and start by creating a powerful bio and summary which includes the topic you will share, keywords, and long-tail keywords. Begin to interact with people and build relationships. Add people to your circles that you know already and then explore from there. Chat and interact as much as possible, and share a variety of content.
- Create circles that draw traffic to your site: One of the best qualities of G + is that you can customize and design your circles based and differences and similarities. You can share unique information with each group to draw different people in.
- Experiment with Hangouts: Use video chat to engage your audience, get to know them, and then post the chat on Youtube to draw in more people.
- Extend the pull of your content: Continue to write and share links that people will come back to as well as sharing links to past blog posts.
- Maintain a focused subject: Just as you do with your blog, keep your interactions and posts narrow so that you don't lose your audience with off-topic content.
- Create and join communities: They are a powerful means of getting your name out and meeting knew people, establishing new relationships. You also build your authority by moderating a community.
- Supplement and promote your blog: While some have tried getting rid of their blog, replacing it with G+, unless you have powerful authority this is not a good idea. Google does not intend either, as they would like you to maintain your main content on your site.
If you haven't already started to build your G+ site, start now so that you do not get hit hard when Author Rank fully kicks in. Have fun with it, and make use of all the features including Pages.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is Copyblogger.com
You might also enjoy: