Listening To Podcasts To Improve Your Online BusinessListening to podcasts over the last two months has helped me improve this blog, our social media marketing and almost every aspect of my online business.
Brian D. Hawkins
Notes that he made a 30 day goal for himself to listen to all of Pat Flynn's "Smart Passive Income Podcast," which amounted to 77 hour long episodes. This was his favorite challenge because he learned so much about blogging and monetizing in addition to social media information. That massive amount of listening in a month got him hooked on podcasts, becoming a habit.
Some have the mindset that podcasts are just for iPods, but apps like Stitcher and Pocket Casts make them easily available on Androids as well.
As bloggers we digest content everyday as a necessity for what we write. We read books, blogs, magazines, listen to the radio, and watch the television and videos. Bloggers who write in a certain niche are always on the lookout for useful content to share with their readers. Some of the best content is paid, but there is so much available for free that it's almost unnecessary.
Podcasts are particularly useful to niche bloggers as there are so many on such a variety of content, and they are packed with interviews from experts in the field you pursue. Often, podcasters asks the experts the very same question you would like to ask or allow you to call in with questions. They delve into topics that often are not covered in their blogs, books, and other material.
Choose what to listen to carefully because there is so much out there and it varies in quality. Some recommended podcasts include:
- Smart Passive Income Podcast by Pat Flynn
- The Learning With Leslie Podcast by Leslie Samuel (Become A Blogger)
- Social Media Marketing Podcast by Michael Stelzner (Social Media Examiner)
- Ms. Ileane Speaks Podcast by Ileane Smith
- Podcast Answer Man by Cliff Ravenscraft
Darin's Note: The biggest advantage to podcasts is neglected in the article - you can listen to them anytime and anywhere. I frequently listen to podcasts while commuting, time that would otherwise be wasted. Other ideas: walking, mowing the lawn, gardening, doing the dishes, etc.
Interested? Click the title or image to read on.
Source is HotBlogTips.com
You might also enjoy:
- G+ will elevate writers in searches with updates
- How to design a hot LinkedIn profile [infographic]
- Essential visual statistics: The economy of blogging [review & infographic]
- How to draw traffic to your creative writing with usable content
- Ultimate HTML guide for bloggers and writers [infographic]