Why Do People Blog? The Benefits of Blogging
"While the blogging scene has developed over the last decade, the benefits of blogging are still plentiful. Here's a list of reasons why people blog and how blogging can benefit your personal or professional life."
Everyone can blog and will benefit from the experience in many ways, in addition to those discussed here. But, if you think about starting a blog, you will not begin blogging unless you have a passion for writing, teaching, communication, or ideas.
Some of the most powerful motivators include are psychological, sociological, or financial. You benefit from blogging by:
- Sharing your passions and interests with a community of like-minded people, finding new social connections and knowledge.
- Making a positive impact both online and in your community. Blogging makes possible incredible changes for the good of all.
- Being a mentor and guide in sharing your knowledge and skills with others.
- Practicing your writing and communication skills, which are valuable in all aspects of your life.
- Nurturing your professional network and establishing social media communities.
- Working to gain greater exposure in the professional world, demonstrating your ambition, intellect, and communication skills.
- Establishing your authority in your field by researching in-depth and writing about your discoveries.
- Constructing an ePortfolio to physically demonstrate your skills, abilities, and project management. This is powerful in seeking jobs and promotions.
- Promoting your business brand for increased exposure, traffic, and revenue. You connect with your customers on a more intimate level.
- Figuring out how to earn money through various strategies.
Of course you probably won't start out at a professional level, but you will get become highly skilled through experience, persistence, and practice. You can practice and hone your skills on any number of free website platforms.
I confess that I am biased towards the higher level motives, especially passion. If you have a passion for what you do, the potential for other rewards will present themselves. Things will work out if you have passion, the source of motivation, enjoyment, value, and a powerful blog that speaks to the world.
I intentionally manipulated the original order to reflect my own values in blogging. Blogging is so emotionally and intellectually rewarding, but it is difficult to make money with blogging alone.
You should never enter blogging with the idea that there is easy money. It can be profitable, but requires considerable research, work, entrepreneurial skills, and a bottomless ambition.
On the other hand, every business should have a blog, hiring a blogger if you don't have the time or inclination to write. Blogging has become an essential part of the infrastructure of every business.
And, don't just share news and blog about your business. Instead, provide help and answers to the community. Allow your friendly assistance and ample knowledge to drive revenue. It will happen.
What Do You Think?
Are you thinking of starting a blog? Why? If you already blog, what drives you to continue?